Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] interesting 1958 Chrysler 300 carbs

   Not only do I not remember the 1958 Chrysler 300 having AFB carburetors but the part books show WCFM carburetors stock on the 1958 model just like the 1957 Chrysler 300 model.
The thing that is confusing is you are right about most Mopars getting AFB as stock in 1958 but not the very last year for the Hemi Chrysler 300 or any other Hemi in 1958.  In 1959 the WCFM was dropped and replaced by the AFB carb, as was the 392 Hemi.

   Ron Swartley

PS. Edelbrook does list a replacement AFB for 1958 Chrysler 300's and it has two different bolt patterns so it can replace the WCFM carbs.