Re: [FWDLK] Walter P. Chrysler Museum closed to public

Re: [FWDLK] Walter P. Chrysler Museum closed to public

I agree completely, as that was my immediate interpretation of the
news release.

As far as being "open to the public" is concerned, the only times that I have
enjoyed visiting the Auburn hills complex was a member of the WPC Club's
national meet visitation.

The Auburn Hills facility is not exactly organized like the Henry Fart Museum/ Village is, and individual walk-in's were probably not a common daily occurrence and, a visitor would need to be very interested in only-MoPars (but, who wouldn't be?)
in order to make the pilgrimage there (to see a bunch of cars on display).

So, the museum will be open by appointment to "groups", but, there will still be the curators
for research questions and the C.H.S. will still be operating.

And, YEAH---I wish Bobbie Eaton hadn't sold out the Corp to the Germans, too, but
what's done is done.

To all of the walk-in visitors, this is not good news; to members of the various clubs and organizations, who would schedule organized visitations to the still-viable Museum, it's
probably no big deal.

Neil Vedder