From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David F. Darby
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 12:02 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Brakes and Hydraulics-Rear wheel cylinders-55 Savoy

Hello,

I gathered up parts from various sources to rebuild the hydraulics on my 55
Savoy. I decided to replace rather than rebuild wheel cylinders and master.
Surprisingly, all of the parts (Raybestos, Dorman, and Centric) came from
China.

My question has to do with the length of the brake shoe push rods. The front
cyls are Raybestos and match the originals. The rear cyls are Centric brand
and match the originals except the replacement push rods measure 1.5" as
opposed to the originals, which measure 1.81". That's quite a difference and
I thinking that I should recondition the old, longer, ones and go with
those. Otherwise it seems that I would be sacrificing quite a bit of brake
adjustment travel.

Has anyone else had this experience with these parts? Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

David