    I reused the rear glass for my 56 Fury with a new gasket from Steele and screwed it up.  I cut the gasket too short.  I got a new gasket and took the car to the local PPG auto glass shop and they took out my sloppy job and put the new gasket with glass in.  I had some water leaks later, but fixed that with window silicone sealant.

    Auto glass is really a two man job.

    John Teske

In a message dated 5/29/2013 3:22:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, adaml57@xxxxxxx writes:
     If the gasket is soft you can reuse it and I'd recommend it over a reproduction one but it's always good to buy one and bring it along just in case they need it.
    Some chain glass shops have very talented help. our local Triumph Glass (owned by Safelite) had a really good manager who did all of the specialty work and he was great, he cut glass for chopped cars,installed the windshield in my friend's '59 Fury, ect. He moved to Florida and now the place is a butcher shop, old and new cars. Ask around, the best glass guys for old cars (pre-urethane) are guys in their 50's. There are still some good old glass guys out there. If you were in Southeastern NY or Northeast PA I could hook you up with 2 great glass guys.

Good Luck,
Adam Lindenbaum

-----Original Message-----
From: debenson2 <debensonii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, May 29, 2013 12:57 pm
Subject: [FWDLK] 1956 Dodge windshield

I just bought a 1956 Dodge CRL that is beautiful is a little street rodded it has a 440 and a torque flite a Volare front end it is real nice, as soon as it gets here I will post photographs for anyone who would like to see it.

I have one issue with it however and am looking for some advice.
The windshield has a small crack in it now I have a new one on order it should be here next week.
I am having difficulty locating someone to replace it.
AND wondering if reusing the old gasket is ok or should I go ahead and order one from Andy Bernbaum's?
And if anyone in Minnesota knows of a vendor for the replacement?
I do not think a place like Safelite can do this job….
debenson2
763/438/6671