[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] AIR CLEANER AND CARBUREATOR QUESTIONS?

I forgot to change the address on my reply so here it is now.

From: John Hagen [mailto:sprinthag@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:18 PM
To: 'Archangel1390@xxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [FWDLK] AIR CLEANER AND CARBUREATOR QUESTIONS?

The 1958 Fury’s with the Golden Commando 350 cu.in. “B” engine used AFB’s but I believe the 318 stayed with the WCFB’s. I know the Hemi’s continued to use the WCFB’s in 1958 albeit with the, new, smaller paper air filter assemblies.

I have never been privy to viewing any “factory” race prepared 300’s other than one of the few 300F’s with the HP 413 short/long ram, Pont-A-masoon [Spelling?] 4-speed cars at Edwards Motor Car Co. in Milwaukee.  None of the normal cars for us mortals used a single air filter. Oil bath off set’s through 1957 and the afore mentioned paper jobs in 1958. Those continued on the 413’s atop of AFB’s until the ram induction in 1963 and optional in 1964, which of course used separate air filters.

John Hagen