Re: [FWDLK] ****COULD BE SPAM**** Re: [FWDLK] CHRYSLER NOW FIAT

I have to admit I was less than happy after seeing the news this morning.   Fiat has always been sort of a joke to me but after reading Greg’s comments below I feel much better.  A lot of good things have happened with Fiats involvement and hopefully more will take place.

Terry ---who was in the middle of writing his first (and last) Past Presidents message for the Local Region of the WPC Club.

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of powerflite@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 8:29 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ****COULD BE SPAM**** Re: [FWDLK] CHRYSLER NOW FIAT

It would be nice to have a US owner, but the fact is that FIAT has increased per-unit spending significantly on new equipment and better materials for Jeep, Chrysler, and Dodge since taking control.  The previous, US-based owner was a bunch of investment bankers, not car guys, who undercut those brands' long-term reputations by cheapening the products across the board to suck out every nickel they could.

Also, today's FIAT is very different from the "Fix It Again, Tony" reputation it had before they left the US market a couple of decades ago. It now not only owns Chrysler, it also owns Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, and part of Ferrari. That's pretty decent company to be in. There are no guarantees as to what FIAT's ownership will result in, but it's nice to see people who love cars in charge rather than the bunch of money men who basically treated Chrysler like a chop shop.

Greg Robertson

Quincy, MA