The design of the ignition/door key was changed in 56. Also, the door latching mechanism was re-designed.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:57 AM, debenson2 wrote:

 part # 1649537 for the 56 and part # 1315510 for the 55

debenson2

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of debenson2
Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 11:41 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] 55/56 dodge door locks

Are the door looks different in 1956 opposed to the 1955's? (Dodge 2 door hard top)
An eBay seller has two sets one states 55 the other states 56, but I thought they were interchangeable??? (this is the part that has a rod on one end and the key hole on the other end, what I am looking at has keys too.)

debenson2