Re: [FWDLK] Carpet sets

Not sure about ‘55 but in ‘56 Savoys only came with color-coordinated rubber floor mats. SMS custom makes carpet sets and they’re very reputable.

--Roger van Hoy

Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2014 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Carpet sets

John, Philip, Richard:

Thanks for the suggestions. Rock Auto has dropped the model-specific carpet sets they listed earlier. The Kanter carpets look suspiciously like the Newark Auto offerings. Newark’s prices are good and the quality is probably OK, but they have a number of negative reviews for poor fit. The ACC offerings sound really good and the price is attractive, but they only go back to 1957 for Savoy. I sent them a custom request for availability. Of course, just about anything would be better than what I had before.

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions.

David

Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2014 7:27 AM
L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A company called Newark Auto sells ready made carpet sets through JC Whitney . Decent quality and fit. ACC (Auto Custom Carpet) may have molded carpet sets but probably more money. Carpet matched with interior color in Belvederes but I know my Dad's 56 Plaza had grey rubber mats and I am not sure what came in Savoys.

Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2014 3:35 PM

Subject: [FWDLK] Carpet sets

I just repaired and painted the floors in my 1955 Plymouth Savoy and I want to replace the old household plush carpet that a PO installed.

Kanter and Rock Auto offer sets that are allegedly ready to drop in with bound edges and so on. Has anyone had experience with one of these, or any other carpet sets? Was the original pile or loop? There are many colors available today, but were colors other than black available new?

Thanks for any suggestions.

David

No virus found in this message.