Re: [FWDLK] Found a sure grip pineapple

On 5/12/2014 10:53 AM, eddee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
As far as I know,,this will work on ANY MOPAR except imperial, 1957
through 1965
This casting was phased out 1962 through 1965 I think

Some time in the early 70's I bought and eventually junked out a 57
New Yorker 4 door, Kept a lot of stuff off it for possible use with my
300.

Eventually in the early 2000's I relocated the rear axle setup and
since I had started spending $$$ on a resto I dug out that rear
assembly and had it completely gone over.

Turns out it had a 1970 sure grip center section in it. Who ever had the New Yorker before I bought it had to have had it installed. It Worked out in that tapered axle setup just fine. It was good when I drove the car and still looked very serviceable when it was gone thru
about 30 years later.

--
Paul Holmgren
On account of being a democracy and run by the people,