Re: [FWDLK] Forward Look at the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2014

Re: [FWDLK] Forward Look at the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals 2014

Have a good time to those that go. I'm a no-go again this year. Hope to see you all next year.

Nick

Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Forward Look Network will have our usual large club tent on the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals Fun Field again this year. I'm afraid I just wasn't able to get things arranged for the movies this year. It's a lot of work, and a lot of stuff to try and fit in the car (all those pipes for the screen frame, plus the connectors, plus the tent supplies, plus the t-shirts, etc.). Also, I haven't been able to walk around for a few years now due to being tied up with the tent and the drive-in stuff. Hopefully we will have it all back next year. Ed Buczeskie wants to try and arrange to have the fin cars at the dealership -- now THAT will be cool!

The club tent is a great all-day hangout and relaxation place after walking the swap meet or show field. As usual, we will have refreshments, snacks, and first aid supplies like sunscreen. (It always helps if folks bring folding chairs though!) We always welcome all other FL-related clubs to share our tent, as we all have common interests. Look for the banners and the “Flookerang Pennants” ringing the tent. I will have some T-Shirts available at the tent -- last year they were a big hit, and we sold close to 100. The price will stay the same at $10 for S-M-L-XL and $13 for larger sizes. All designs of the T-Shirts are always available online at http://www.forwardlook.net/sitestore/gifts

In addition to Carlisle Productions’ events, we will also be having our traditional Forward Look events:

Thursday Evening:
Join up with other ForwardLookers at the MoPar Rebellion Car Club Car Cruise, hosted by MoPar Rebellion and held at Faulkner Dodge Ram (formerly CVM Dodge) on Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg (about 10 minutes from the fairgrounds). This Kick-Off features raffles, door prizes, inexpensive food, music, great Mopars and more. It’s free for participants and spectators and it’s a great opportunity to socialize with your friends in a relaxed atmosphere. Check out http://www.MoParRebellion.com for more details and directions to the facility.

Friday, 5:30ish:
We're considering another pizza dinner on Friday night at the tent. Please reply and let me know your interest.

Saturday, 5:30ish:
Please join us for our famous annual Forward Look chicken dinner! Dinner, drinks, and a relaxing wrap-up to a busy day. We generally have around 50 folks from the mailing list and forums gathering to just relax, have a picnic dinner and talk. It’s always nice to finally put faces with the names of the folks you have known online for years.

That’s our schedule. Please let me know what you'd like to see at the tent this year. We'll do our best to make it all happen. Hope to see you there!

-Dave