[FWDLK] PUSH BUTTON MECHANISM QUESTION

As mentioned the only cable adjustment is to have the shift arm at the transmission actually hitting all its detents.   The problem in making the buttons do their thing correctly is the cable.   When the housing is bad, the cable moves without much effect at the trans.   Imperial Services (only maker of new shift cables I know of) had a cable sleeve that internally was too large and allowed slack in the cable and they probably made dozens of those.   Then their next replacement which was "better" still had some slack with imperfect results at the trans.   I presume that is fixed now.  I know I had three different shift cables from them for my '60 Imperial and I STILL was not happy with the last one.  I presume all the retailers selling their wholesale cable have a finalized and functional cable today.