From: Bjwt 56
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 4:45 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 1955/56 Plymouth: Dash-top Paint

OK everyone, I will let you in on a little secret about texturing on dash tops.  To get a textured finish simply use undercoating i.e. the stuff you put in the wheel wells.  The more you thin it the finer the texture.  Let this cure for a couple days and then top coat it with primer and color if you want, then apply a final flat clear coat.  Don't use semi or full gloss for top clear coat or you will go blind with sun shining on it.  The dash of course has to be removed from the car to do this.  My 56 Fury got this treatment and really turned out fine. Be sure to strip the dash to the bare metal to start.

    John Teske