Re: [FWDLK] Needed: 57 Dual Point Distributor Vacuum Advance

Re: [FWDLK] Needed: 57 Dual Point Distributor Vacuum Advance

Hi, Dave.

A careful reading of the 55-58 Mopar Parts Manual says that a 1957 D500 uses the following dual-point distributor:
1642392 (aka Autolite IBK-4301A)

Examination of my distributor label shows it to be exactly this distributor.
The part number for the vacuum advance (called a "vacuum chamber" in the parts manual) is 1439671.
I would very much like to learn the aftermarket replacement numbers for this vacuum advance.

Thanks for your help with that.

 - Dan