From: Russ Vaughan [mailto:Pacesetter300@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:11 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Fram filters

Tony, Gil and all:

Below is a link of a site that has been referenced by many over the past few
years.  From this site is a link of recommendations and a letter allegedly
from a Allied Signal(Fram) engineer. It also exposes the roots of some of
the popular Mopar filters. The information is a couple of years old, but I
have seen nothing to change the basic negative recommendation about Fram
filters.  Recently I went to purchase a fuel filter for a fuel injection
application. Fram was the only choice at that particular store. I picked it
up and looked at it only to discover it was made in China.  I put it back
and went elsewhere.

Read the information and make your own deductions.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

Russ Vaughan

lettercars@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 3/12/2005 10:38:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> My mechanic told me that Fram filters were the best.
> I have one left. Does anyone want to buy it?
>
> Tony
>
> From: <FFGREG32@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:55:50 EST
> To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Chrysler300] Fram filters
>
> I agree Fram filters are bad. I used to buy them until my mechanic friend
> scolded me about that issue. Now I buy NAPA Gold or Hayes filters.
> Greg (My other vehicle is a 48,000 lb. Pierce)

Tell me, how does one determine a brand of filter is bad?   If the proof is
in lack of engine trouble, then my use of primarily Fram filters for 20-30
years and well over 100,000 miles on the 300H alone with no failures
whatsoever
must indicate they are not too awful!!
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL