[Chrysler300] 300F -- "Stumbles" On Takeoff

[Chrysler300] 300F -- "Stumbles" On Takeoff

Before I had the carburetors rebuilt this spring, the F "stumbled" on
takeoff from a dead stop (engine idling), like as if the accelerator
pumps were not functioning correctly. After a two-second "stumble" the
engine takes off and runs/accelerates normally. Depressing the
accelerator while driving at any steady speed does not result in the
stumble. It appears to occur only from idle.

During the rebuild, the accelerator pumps were replaced. The rebuild
fixed a couple of other carburetor problems, but the stumbling is not
a any better.

I noticed the accelerator pump setting (27/64" from top of pump shaft
to the top of the air horn) is a bit low for one carb, and quite a bit
low for the other (3/32" maybe). I wouldn't think this would be the
cause of the stumble, but... I'm not sure. It sure acts like the
engine isn't bebeing enriched on inital acceleration from idle.

Anyone experienced this situation? Cure... Ideas...

Mike in sweltering Lake Odessa, Michigan

Yahoo! Groups Links