From: Tony Rinaldi [mailto:awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:11 AM
To: lettercars@xxxxxxx; wgraefen@xxxxxxx; c300@xxxxxxx; ram300@xxxxxxxxxx;
David R Geise; Bob Jasinski; Chrysler 300 Club; longrams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Replacement Battery

Hi Gil,

Did 1960 list the Willard as optional?

Still trying to find the right selection for 1960. Mopar or Willard G27.

Tony

From: <lettercars@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:16:10 EDT
To: <wgraefen@xxxxxxx>, <c300@xxxxxxx>, <ram300@xxxxxxxxxx>,
<daverg1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<longrams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

?
Rich and All:
The 1955 AMA specs state the standard battery for the C300 is an Auto-Lite ?
2H-135-RD. ?Optional is the Willard MW-2-135-R. ?These have 19 plates ?per
cell
and a 135 Amp. Hr. rating. ?The 2H is an SAE designation.
?
Now, regarding Gloria's noting of the 1960 AMA specs using Autolite instead
?
of Auto-Lite. ?I checked the 1961 and 62 AMAs and they also use the ?
non-hyphenated version. ?However, the 1960 service suppliment continues to
?use
Auto-Lite. ?The picture of the battery in that publication is just not
?clear enough
to make out the hyphen. ?In 1961, both the AMA specs and ?serv.suppliment
use
Autolite, while the Service Manual uses Auto-Lite! ??1962 is the same with
the
hyphenation, but the AMA specs add an optional ?battery---a Gould-National.
?
By 1963 there are no more Auto-Lite/Autolite batterys listed. ??Instead,
Mopar is stated to be standard. ?However, when mentioning other ?electrical
items
like coils, Auto-Lite is again used in the service ?Manual. ?AMA sticks with

Autolite.
?
Finally (for me, anyway) Autolite/Auto-Lite seems to have disappeared in ?
1964. ?Batterys are listed as "various", and when talking about other
?electrical
items, only the names Chrysler, Essex, and Prestolite appear. ??This is
compatible with what George Riehl stated earlier about Auto-Lite ?becoming a
Ford
subsidiary about this time.
?
I did not bother to look at the parts books----think I spent too much time ?
on this already!!!
?
Hope this is of some help to somebody! ?Additions/corrections ?welcomed.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Talla, FL
?
?
In a message dated 4/11/2006 8:43:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, ?