Re: [Chrysler300] 61 motor rebuild

--- Original Message ---
From: "david shapiro" <dkshapiro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] 61 motor rebuild

> Question for group, I have a decent running G with 112,000 thousand
>miles. the motor smokes some, not a lot but noticable, leaks a
little of everything
>and of course looks fairly shabby. the rest of the car looks fine.
>Was going to pull the motor and rebuild it, hardened seats, new
gakets,
>timing chain, ect. ect., paint and reinstall. I have gotten some
flack
>about this from different sources saying that doing this to an
original
>motor will detract from "authenticity" and devalue the car. Any
truth to this??
>I await the advice from the sages.
>             Thanks
>                       In a fog of smoke

DON'T DO IT!!!!

FIRST, all the West Nile laden moskeetoes will thank you for not
foggen them out!

This is the first step down a long road to RUIN!!
That bright shiny spanken new looking motor will look very
strange in that car.
One Day you will think to your self, well that looks so nice, I
guess I'll have to freshen up the engine bay.

Then another day will some along and you will find your self
saying, "Gee that part looks so nice I guess I should do
something about a fresh coat of paint on the out side.

THEN a time will come when from 20 feet you have a pretty sharp
car, and 'Well, I guess I need to clean up and make spiffy the
interior.

Ok, Now that you have a pretty sharp looking ride, "it's Time to
go to some Shows and start collecting some "Wood".

A few years later You will have to get a contractor to add on a
room to your abode, just so that you have a place to display all
the 'souvineer's' of the time you spend in the car show circuit.

:-)

Honestly,  if She's smoken, her time is marked. Granted there are
Mopars out there a smoken and a runnin for years to come, But it
is a good idea to cure the problem now if you are beginning to
think about it.  (in My opinion)
This will afford you many more miles of driving with a seriously
reduced worry factor.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional