[Chrysler300] 300C/D instrument faces

1) Recent talk re possible new 300Club Products, makes me ask does anyone reproduce the face for the 4 cluster that incudes Amps, Temp, Gas etc, as rather than speedo one - this is one too often seemed cracked from centre outwards at top left?

2) What is the Club/other feelings re early production 300Cs which had the 120 mph speedo face as original - should they be kept - is Dennis 300C an early factory 120 mph car like my supercharged C that still has it's 120 mph speedo face?  Is putting the higher speed one in a car that is known/thought to have 120mph one '300ly' right?

XKE Jaguars - 1961 - say circa 1965, are identified/sought out, by production changed items as they changed - put later upgrades on early cars, and that is not only wrong historically, but also 'bastardising' how a/the car should be. I realise I just asked about putting (wrong) AFBS on one of my 300Cs, but I would never pass them off as original, and have 2 other cars that will be, plus they are 'period right - 1957', even if 100% wrong accuracy wise. The Weind manifold is also period, and 99something% of onlookers would take as factory if alloy was painted silver. Much less visually wrong than seeing disc brakes?!
Corvettes, Shelys, GTOs - numerous cars out there that get premiums if restored correct to factory build.

Christopher in Australia
ps the Club redoing the thin chrome rings that sit next to the 3 plastic lens faces would be great if no one does them - they often rust and are so thin to try to rechrome well

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; dennis57300@xxxxxxxxxxx: robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:48:20 -0500Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] speedo lens

Dennis,Just buy a new reproduction 150 mph C lens from Matts Wignell (club member) in Sweden. I did at the Asheville Meet in the spring of 2006 for $65 and used it last year when I refurbished my spedometer, clock, and gauges last spring. If you are going to take the faces off I would highly suggest you redo the case, face plates, and have the clock redone, spedometer head rebuilt and calibrated and the gauges refurbished. All can be done expertly and correctly the first time by Jeff Carter et al at JC Auto in Lynnwood, WA at 425-672-8324. They did mine last spring along with Sihilling Metal Polishing rechroming the gauge, speedometer, and clock outer bezel rings. Everything works correctly and accurately and shines like jewels! 300'ly, ROB KERN----- Original Message ----- From: dennis57300@xxxxxxx To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2008 7:20 PMSubject: [Chrysler300] speedo lensis there any way to repaint the numbers on the lens? i have an excellent lens with no cracks but it only goes to 120 and i need 150 for the c. was thingking about just repainting from 120 but the numbers are off so i need to redo the whole thing if i can **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides. (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)