Re: [Chrysler300] 300L fuel consumption ?

Re: [Chrysler300] 300L fuel consumption ?

In a message dated 4/28/2008 6:40:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vjhemi@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi all, i posted yesterday but it didn't seem to work so i will start
a new thread.
Whats the accepted fuel consumption for a 1965 300L(413 with single
carter 4bbl and stock setup)?
After taking my newly acquired L on a few runs it is improving with
each cruise and becoming more responsive, sounding sweeter, and fun to
drive, but I'm still only getting about 10mpg.

cheers from Oz
Jeff

Jeff:

    Keep working on it.  When the club had its meet in Newark, California,
John Hertog and I drove his L out to the meet from New York, and I drove it
back, along with a couple of other guys.  We kept records of the mileage, and
averaged between 15 and 16 mpg, depending on who was driving.  Apparently I was
better at driving at a constant speed, because all of my shifts got the 16 mpg
figures, but 15 was the least we achieved.

Regards,

Pete Fitch

listings at AOL Autos.

<*> Your email settings: