Re: [Chrysler300] 300L fuel consumption ?

Just took my first long trip in my 67 300 with 440 high performance and an in-line dual quad set up like the 62 300 H. I unfortunately don't have exact figures....couldn't find an Exxon station to fill her up and I had the Exxon card. Anyway...pretty good estimates would be about 14 on the hiway (keeping up with traffic...meaning 70 to 75 mph) and 10 to 12 in more normal everyday driving. Not really to bad...car had engine and tranny re-built by Jasper last year, new Eddy primary carb and the original Carter as the secondary.? It's a convertible with 3.23 : 1 Sure-Grip as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
To: vjhemi@xxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 7:33 pm
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300L fuel consumption ?

In a message dated 4/28/2008 6:40:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vjhemi@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi all, i posted yesterday but it didn't seem to work so i will start
a new thread.
Whats the accepted fuel consumption for a 1965 300L(413 with single
carter 4bbl and stock setup)?
After taking my newly acquired L on a few runs it is improving with
each cruise and becoming more responsive, sounding sweeter, and fun to
drive, but I'm still only getting about 10mpg.

cheers from Oz
Jeff

Jeff:

Keep working on it. When the club had its meet in Newark, California,
John Hertog and I drove his L out to the meet from New York, and I drove it
back, along with a couple of other guys. We kept records of the mileage, and
averaged between 15 and 16 mpg, depending on who was driving. Apparently I was
better at driving at a constant speed, because all of my shifts got the 16 mpg
figures, but 15 was the least we achieved.

Regards,

Pete Fitch

listings at AOL Autos.

<*> Your email settings: