Re: [Chrysler300] Try again-F,G,H turn signal removal

Re: [Chrysler300] Try again-F,G,H turn signal removal

Fyi to all, the problem is a broken wire coming from the turn signal
control switch. I found it easier to tackle the job by removing the
front driver's seat first. After removing the the knob with an allen
wrench, the chrome pushbutton housing, and the cover plate under the
steering column, undo the 2 nuts holding the pushbutton housing to the
dash and work it as far away as you can from the area, so you have a
chance to see or feel the screws holding the turn signal switch to the
back of the dash while you get your head as far under the dash as
possible..You can feel one screw and can see the other. Too bad they
were not screwed on from the outside of the dash. If I ever get mine
out, I will fix that. Very hard to get at & get any leverage on a
screwdriver & of course they are rusted in. Will advise if I make any
more progress and determine if the wire can be reattached.

Andy Mikonis wrote:

> It's not too bad. Take the knob off with allen wrench, and take off
> the chrome piece around the lever and push buttons. There's a nut on
> either side of lever, remove those. Then you just have to fish it out.
> Follow the wiring and unplug it first, and you can work it out of
> there. Oh yeah, make sure you disconnect the battery, I got a shock
> doing this once!
>
> Good luck,
> Andy

<*> Your email settings: