RE: [Chrysler300] John Hertog

I never met John - the closest I came to knowing him even just even one little bit more, was him contacting me and suggesting I could pre pay my (overseas) 300 Membership a few years in advance, as it was going up, and this would save me some money.

Today's news is a real, so unfair, undeserved kick in the guts for him personally, and those untold many who knew him and clearly hold special feelings for him, and treasured his company and friendship.

There are no words to explain the wrongness of him losing the fight he put up -life can often be so cruel beyond explanation or reason.
At least nothing can stop those remembering the many happy/special times he spent with you who knew him, and his loved 300s - and clearly anyone reading this website for even a brief time cannot avoid how big the person/man John was.

Christopher - an overseas member who often feels uncomfortable re not being a real/proper US '300 Member', but one John encouraged to stay on as one nonetheless.

If there is somewhere we go afterwards, may John be where he can own whatever 300 (or other cars) he likes, as many as he wants, gas is 105 octane and free, speed cops are there only to book slow and dangerous drivers, and he always has any friends or company he likes to be with, and go wherever and whenever he wants.

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: moparpjf@xxxxxxxxxxx: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 19:40:08 -0400Subject: [Chrysler300] John Hertog

Dear Members:I am very sorry to report that I received a phone call from Dave Clelland today, informing me that John Hertog passed away this afternoon. Apparently his condition had deteriorated over the past couple of weeks, and his system simply could not take it any more.No arrangements have been made of which I am aware, but Dave has assured me that we will be informed when they are. The club has lost a very dear and valuable member, and we have all lost a dear, dear friend. I know our best wishes and sympathies go to his family and to Helen.Pete Fitch**************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com! (http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)