[Chrysler300] Car Transport re if damaged

[Chrysler300] Car Transport re if damaged

Here in Australia, most full time Transport Companies have a form/sheet that has a cartoon like outline of a generic car/auto, and when you give them a car to move, that mark any damage that the vehicle already has - such as a scrape on a bumper bar, paint chips, stone chips/cracks on glass, and even down to whether radio, spare rim, jack etc.  It might be worth asking where that pickup inspection Report is - as a bluff/option/hope?!

The person sending the car checks it all correct, signs it, then if any problems the other end, the carrier is up for it, or at least an argument about it.

So if car had broken rear screen, ask for the report filled out when car picked up, but better be quick, as usdually the transport guy dropping car off is the one you are best fronting re any believed damage.

The longer it goes, if the company wished to duck any claim, they will say 'not done by us'.

I haven't moved many cars by Transport Cos (I used to say (when perhaps I was smarter then!!) 'if you can't drive it, don't buy it - don't even think of buying it' !!), but my experience with damaged cars is unless they want to do the right thing, you are wasting your time.  Against that, some will admit driver damaged it, and pay up.

Safest thing is seperate insurance, but here in Australia that has hassles too, (a) re cost, and (b) if an unrestored collector car, some Cos will treat it as junk, despite accepting premium based as collector/valuable car.

Christopher in Australia where most of lower part of nation having it's coldest Aug start in over 30 years, like snow 1 foot deep where snow is rarely ever seen. And 5-10 yr recent drought re not enough rain to fill key dams still on, Govt Report last week stating it may take 30 years to catch up on missed rain !!?

To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:28:14 -0700Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Transport Etiquette

Although my dad never actually moved one stick of furniture that I can remember, he was in the moving and storage business for 40+ years and I remember well that damage in transit claims were a common headache. Extra cost transit insurance, 'in the day', was always available to clients with the no extra cost $/pound minimum coverage provided by the carrier totally spelled out up front. The $/pound coverage provided by the carrier that I knew would not cover all damage claims.I would imagine that a carrier of classic cars would be well up on insurance coverage and would go over all this with a client in an initial contract signing? If transit damage insurance was not a direct point of discussion, I think the carrier is in violation (of something). I can imagine that there are carriers where you pay and you take your chances? There are commercial carriers of classic cars in the 'Chrysler 300 'family' that should have up to date answers on in transit damage liability for high dollar classic cars. Warren AndersonSedona,AZ[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)