RE: [Chrysler300] FOUR LETTER CARS for sale C300, F Conv, G Conv, Silver

RE: [Chrysler300] FOUR LETTER CARS for sale C300, F Conv, G Conv, Silver K (and 57 Fury)--and C-300 issues continuing.

I noted a 1977 Iowa Dealers tag on the front of one of the cars.  They look
like they were rode hard and put up in a leaky barn for 30 years.

For a lot nicer 1955 C-300, see this on e-Bay.  http://tinyurl.com/5op78h
Purists may not appreciate the red and white interior, dash & steering wheel
or the Imperial block.  A very early car 3N551056.  Asking $55K, taking
offers (not mine).  Not really an auction and we won't see the offers.
Haven't we seen that red and white interior before?

I and my tranny guy are still fighting a persistent ATF leak at the shifter
lever shafts on the PowerFlite.  Is it possible the two concentric shafts
have worn and are leaking through their annulus in spite of new seals
installed on the OD of the outer shaft?  The parts list shows a bushing in
there somewhere which trannyguy is going to try and find.

My main mechanic replaced the rear engine main bearing seal with a neoprene
unit my NAPA store had IN STOCK!  NAPA/Victor Reinz part number BS40245. The
old seal was also the neoprene replacement, both halves came out easily and
the lower half had one of the side wing seals broken, perhaps the source of
the leak. They seem a little delicate.

Egge shot me a new pan gasket very promptly.  That oil leak is now fixed, so
am only dripping red ATF now.  Nice to see a dry pan after four years.

I did have new 2" exhaust and tailpipes installed.  The aluminized steel
looks great, but bangs against the spare tire well, I think.  Back to the
shop, I reckon.  The heavy rubber grommets/isolators that support the front
hangers are about shot.  Does anyone sell replacements for these?  Have any
of you ever fabbed your own?  Ditto the rubber straps at the tailpipe
hangers.

My tranny had two steel wings attached at the PowerFlite pan.  I was told
these were to attach brackets to the exhaust pipes, but the pipes do not run
that close to the tranny.  Anyone else have these supports serving any
useful function down below?

I had the starter and solenoid rebuilt as sometimes all I got were clicks.
The starter sounds like it is spinning about twice as fast now and starts
the engine quickly, even if it has lost its fuel prime.

I'm off to a local show in the morning--an annual event sponsored by NAPA.
Close enough I might get there and back on one gallon of regular, now
selling for $3.85 at Shell (less 5% on Shell MasterCard).

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300