  From: Wayne Graefen
  To: Intl 300 ; john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:21 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Re:'short' long rams

  '60-62 'short' long rams are a different numbered casting than the '63-64 'short' long rams. The '60-62s are water heated using the heater hoses looping through brass fittings and plates bolted up to the heat chambers under the carbs. There is a "tee" at the back of the engine to include heat for the heater. The part numbers are cast on the bottoms of the arcs of the rams. From the factory these manifolds were painted red. These engines were rated at 400 HP in '60 and '61 and 405 HP in '62. I don't know that there is any actual difference in these castings than the '63-64 castings other than part number as I have never had them side by side for comparison. The early casting numbers are 2129986 and 2129987 and the special carburetors that Carter does not show in any or their books are 3084S with manual chokes.

  '63-64 'short' long rams carry new casting numbers. The '63-64s are exhaust heated from the header exhaust manifolds similar to the 'long' long rams. The part numbers are cast on the tops of the arcs of the rams. From the factory these manifolds were painted Chrysler blue/green. The '63 and 64 cars as stated were rated at 390 HP. Sorry I don't have the casting numbers for the '63-64s.

  Wayne G

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: