RE: [Chrysler300]Self Adjusting valves

I think that the main benefit for solid lifters is at higher lifters,
above 5000 RPM, especially in the old days.  Modern hydraulic lifters
can be good for close to 6000 RPM.  Also, I have read that solid
lifters can be used with faster acceleration ramps, not sure why that
is.  Just about all the Mopar HP street engines that have peaked
below 6000 RPM have had hydraulic lifters since the late 60s.

Bill Huff

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: