Re: [Chrysler300] part number needed while travelling

Re: [Chrysler300] part number needed while travelling

If dealer is going out of business, those old parts will be difficult to
unload - and he probably wrote them off the books long ago - I have
heard of old tractor dealers selling off complete "lots" of such
obsolete parts at 20 to 30 cents on the dollar (and thats pre-70's
dollars) - any idea what is there and what it would take to buy the
"lot" - I'd hate to see them melted into scrap iron to come back to us
in Chinese cars.

As to parts numbers - Pulley 2240397; Bracket 2951020; shield (fits
between pulley and bracket - looks kind of like a spacer in schematic)
2658758 - Part numbers same for pulley & shield for 318 up to 440.
Bracket unique to 383/440

As an aside, the same p/n section shows a spacer that varies with
alternator - Leece-Neville alt shows different spacer - it does not show
up on diagram - not sure why in this section as I thought belt that runs
thru this idler was water pump only

john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I am looking for the part number of the 'idler/tensioner'
> bracket/assembly that holds the tensioner pulley for the water
> pump/fan on a 440 equipped car (like a Hurst) with a/c. My pulley
> seems to be 'tweaked' a little and lines up ok with the water pump
> pulley as the belt goes over the top of the idler pulley, but by the
> time it exits from the bottom to head towards the crankshaft pulley,
> it is off a bit towards the engine. The result is that at high speeds
> (don't ask) it has a tendency to throw this little belt. Since
> behaving myself is probably not an option, I'd like to try and find an
> NOS bracket. I'm currently visiting family near one of the old little
> Chrysler dealerships that is on the list to be closed, and they have a
> bunch of parts stored away from the 50's through the 70's, but they
> can only look up part numbers, not by application. If someone can look
> in their 1970 parts book and send it to me I can go over to that
> dealership to see if they have an NOS one in stock.
> Thanks,
>
> John Nowosacki
> 978-681-2219
>
> Network Analysis and Troubleshooting Solutions
> www.agilent.com/find/nat
>
> Signaling Analyzer
> www.agilent.com/find/sart

<*> Your email settings: