Re: [Chrysler300] Short lesson in thermodam

Re: [Chrysler300] Short lesson in thermodam

Ok, does that mean that a 160 degree thermostat opens SMALLER or is
open for LESS time than a 190 degree thermostat?

Following the slower is cooler logic, the slower the air moved
through the radiator, the more cooling would happen.  That is
demonstrably not true in everyday city driving.

Over the years I have had brand new (from the parts store) water
pumps that didn't work properly.  I put it down to improper
clearances between the impeller and the housing or even improper
impeller.  The next pump always worked well.

Not trying to start a flame war here, but IMHO the slower is better
is an old mechanic's tale.  The only time I can think of that faster
would be worse is if some area was left in an eddy that never moved
in the current to transfer heat.

Thas' my story and I'm stikin' to it.

Bill Huff

At 6/23/200911:23 AM, james mcmullan wrote:

>Hi List .You cannot move Cold ,You can move Heat (ether in or out of
>something) But it takes TIME .You haft to hold watter in the
>radiator long enough for the heat to transfer to the core and be
>removed by air flow.That is the the purpose of the thermostat .If
>the watter flows to fast it will not have TIME to transfer heat Jim
>McMullsn 300 F.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: