Re: [Chrysler300] Convertible top flluid

Re: [Chrysler300] Convertible top flluid

Hi Rolland

I started that last thread.  My pump motor said to use Type A trans fluid.
Plain old Type A is not readily available in my area and I was concerned
that the Dexron III that is available might have so many additives in it
that it would be counter productive to use it.  The concensus of replies led
me to use power steering fluid, which I did and the top works just fine.
Some respondents were using the Dexron III and some even used silicon brake
fluid. I guess it all works. Bob Merritt did alert me to the Hydo-E-Lectric
Company who advises against silicon brake fluid. I didn't ask why.

One other respondent suggested to run what is already in the pump. If it has
red fluid - probably trans fluid. If its clear - probably power steering
fluid. You probably wouldn't want to run a mixture of  two different fluids
.... even though it probably would work.

Jeff Miklas