Re: [Chrysler300] so how fast were 300s on bitumen?

christopher beilby wrote:
> Burton, if everyone is not sick of this 'old days stuff', apart from speeds on sand at Daytona, and you don't mind replying, what sort of speeds were each of the 300s, from '55 thriough to say '62, in everyday well tuned trim, good for on a good straight everyday sort of bitumen/tar road??
>

> And/or, do you remember any faster 'one off' speeds you/other Chrysler test guys/Execs, saw out of various 300 models, say if on a trip somewhere, or just 'fooling around' ??
>
> Sorry if you have covered this some time before, but can't say I've seen it if you have.
>

> Christopher Australia - tonight's TV weather, says big big (ex cyclone) rains headed down thru dry centre of Australia again - maybe this another early sign, our huge 10yr drought breaking by this winter ?!

ohhh,  reminds me, somewhere in rooting around my stuff, I remember that I still
have some timing tickets from the trip or 2 I too down the 1/4 Mile at
Indianapolis Raceway Park (home of the US Nationals) when I used my 300-C for a
tow car for the race cars.  I'll relocate them and report the numbers.

Psst, Don't ask GR or DC about their 'grudge' match racing, I think they came
loaded for bear and rip snorted down the track!

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy

<*> Your email settings: