From: "John L. Chesnutt" <chesnutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Doug Mayer" <mobydoug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Chrysler300club Broadcast" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2010 5:19:48 PM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Oil

Hi Doug Mayer & 300's

NAPA in Portland, Oregon has it. They do not recommend using the "Not Street
Legal" in our 1957 300C as this mixture has no detergents in the oil. In
1965, we were using Valvoline 30W Non-Detergent oil in the 300C and we had a
valve stick open, of course that was the oil to use in our 300's at that
time. I pulled the engine and did a complete over haul---cam, lifters, bore
and pistons etc.

Later, we used Detergent Valvoline Racing oil 30W. We are still using the
Racing oil 30W.

John Chesnutt, 300C, Portland, OR