Re: [Chrysler300] Resending Gasohol additive article

Re: [Chrysler300] Resending Gasohol additive article

I agree it can be a PIA to get around the E10 content.  What I do here
in MI where we store them half the year anyway is use the E10 because
it's convenient in the summer.  Then I use a $10 drill powered transfer
pump to suck the tank down to the bottom at the end of the season, and
pour 5 gallons of pure gas in it for the storage period and run it for
ten minutes or so.  I just pick up a 5 gallon can of it when I'm out on
a drive anyway.  It cuts my damage risk at least in half and totally
eliminates the separation and varnish issues.

Keith

-

On 11/2/2011 6:29 PM, Bob Jasinski wrote:

> I've seen the clip before. I agree I'd rather be using 100% gasoline in my
> 300G but I must say I haven't run into the extremes of issues shown on
> that
> video. California has been putting ethanol in gas for close to 20 years
> now, and if it was as bad as that video claims it to be, I think I would
> have seen more problems. I do have to change out my rubber fuel lines from
> time to time, and fuel pump diaphragms last about 10 years, but that's
> about
> it.
>
> There simply is no practical alternative for getting 100% gasoline for me.
> As far as marine or aviation gas, give me a break. That stuff is so
> expensive and so far to drive for, I'd rather sell the car than go through
> that hassle. It's $70+ a tank now to fill up!
>
> I'm all for getting rid of ethanol, but I just don't see it happening,
> especially in CA where we have these "boutique fuels" forced on us. The
> government doesn't want us driving our old cars, and they could care less
> about the problems we have with gasohol..
>
> Bob J
>
> From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:Chrysler300%40yahoogroups.com>

<*> Your email settings: