From: "Thomas Miller" <tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ray Jones" <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Matt Allyn" <allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 1:23:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Leaky SHIFTER Cable

Matt,

If you're not to concerned about aesthetics and would just like a quick, easy and fairly permanent solution to this problem, do this:

Get a 12" piece of fuel line and carefully slit it lengthwise.

Slip it over the shift cable then slide it all the way down to the base at the transmission.

Grab a handful of zip ties and tightly secure this new "sleeve" to the cable.

Hillbilly engineering? Yeah, I'll admit that (because I am indeed a true hillbilly!)

But, this forgoes the painful experience of disconnecting and reconnecting the shift cable to and from the transmission.

Best Regards,

Thomas F. Miller
'57 300C

>>> Matt Allyn < allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx > 9/27/2010 4:02 PM >>>
Good points!
I am an old club member and I did look under the 300 Tech Department area...but
found nothing, thus wrote y'all.
Thanks!

Matt Allyn