RE: [Chrysler300] re using Pertronix electronic ignition on dual points

RE: [Chrysler300] re using Pertronix electronic ignition on dual points distributor

Fern and all

I had the same experience when I did a bench test w/ Pertronix installed in
my 57 300 distributor, no spark. I tried a second unit I had for my 57
Imperial. Same thing, no spark. I called Pertronix and talked to chief tech.
He asked if I could send him the distributor so they could analyze.
He reported back that they found the plastic rotor was not seating all the
way down over the cam lobes. They tapped it down and it worked. When I got
it back I put a large socket over the top of plastic rotor and gave it a
light tap. I could see it seat. Bingo it worked. They sent me a free unit
for my trouble.

Thank you,
Gary, the parts doc
Escondido, CA  USA