[Chrysler300] Former member's passing

I received a call yesterday that Kent Hurt of San Leandro, CA has passed
away.  Kent was very much involved in 300s and owned several over the years,
and was very helpful to me after I bought my G convert.  Kent's health
problems over the last 10 years or so kept him from actively staying
involved with our hobby, but as a former Chrysler mechanic, he was always a
helpful source of information and support for me and others in the hobby.
Kent was also a past President of the Chrysler 300 Club Inc.

Kent was fine person with a great sense of humor and took me "under his
wing" when I was about 25 and just purchased my 300G.  In fact, if I hadn't
shown up first to purchase my G that day back in 1978, it would have been
Kent that would have.  As I began to negotiate with the seller, he told me
"I am firm on the price, because a fellow from the 300 Club just called and
wants the car"  That fellow was Kent. We met soon afterwards and became good
friends.  I will miss him, and know that there are those on this list that
knew him as well, and wanted to pass this along to share with the group.

Bob Jasinski
Danville CA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional