Re: [Chrysler300] Former member's passing

Re: [Chrysler300] Former member's passing

I, too, was much influenced by Kent.  At the Oakland Roadster Show in the
middle 80's, there were two cars as a stand alone display.  Ebony and
Ivory.  One was Kents black C or D and the other was Buz Edies white 300 F.
 I kept coming back and back to gaze on those cars and intimately bought
and enjoyed both years although different colors.  I hosted a picnic for
all Bay Area 300 owners at a local park in the 90's  and Kent was there.
 What a Guy!

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
>

> I received a call yesterday that Kent Hurt of San Leandro, CA has passed
> away. Kent was very much involved in 300s and owned several over the years,
> and was very helpful to me after I bought my G convert. Kent's health
> problems over the last 10 years or so kept him from actively staying
> involved with our hobby, but as a former Chrysler mechanic, he was always a
> helpful source of information and support for me and others in the hobby.
> Kent was also a past President of the Chrysler 300 Club Inc.
>
> Kent was fine person with a great sense of humor and took me "under his
> wing" when I was about 25 and just purchased my 300G. In fact, if I hadn't
> shown up first to purchase my G that day back in 1978, it would have been
> Kent that would have. As I began to negotiate with the seller, he told me
> "I am firm on the price, because a fellow from the 300 Club just called and
> wants the car" That fellow was Kent. We met soon afterwards and became good
> friends. I will miss him, and know that there are those on this list that
> knew him as well, and wanted to pass this along to share with the group.
>
> Bob Jasinski
> Danville CA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional