[Chrysler300] RE: 1964 300K Convertible Survey

[Chrysler300] RE: 1964 300K Convertible Survey

I only listed the colors from a list shown with the ’64 registry in News Flite..  I see AT John Holst’s site that DuPont lists paint code N as Silver mist—a Chrysler spring special color—but probably only available on the Silver Special 300 & 300K coupes. http://www.jholst.net/64-dealer/dupont.pdf       News-Flite #129 (rec’d 12/11) has a registry of ‘64’s in it  and lists ZZ1 as Silver Mist.  I think the body plate had some special designation for the black vinyl top.  I found NO ZZ1 coded cars in the registry, but a lot of 221’s (all coupes with black interiors), so, perhaps the ”Z’”s are actually “2’s”???  In those days, one could get about any color one wanted using the 999 code, so a thoughtful customer could have probably ordered a Silver Special convertible.

Rich Barber

Director and Membership Manager

Chrysler 300 Club, Inc.

1801 Redwine Terrace