RE: [Chrysler300] 300-F Plug reccomendations

RE: [Chrysler300] 300-F Plug reccomendations

 I was told the Hall effect system was the interuption or shielding of an exhisting field. not the induction of a field. My hall effect tester I have used on Chrysler's and others ignitions, It doesn't seem to work on the early Chrysler electronic ign or the Pertronix. Works fine on the known hall effect systems. Maybe Wiki needs to do my job.

> CC: jwkco@xxxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; r41hp@xxxxxxxxx
> To: rixpac@xxxxxxx
> From: mmoore8425@xxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 19:16:39 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300-F Plug reccomendations
>
> Curious.
>

> Their (Pertronix) web site says:
> "? Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit . ...no points to burn, ...no moving parts to wear out."
>
> and Wiki says :
>
> "The Hall effect is the production of a voltage difference (the Hall voltage) across an electrical conductor, transverse to an electric current in the conductor and a magnetic field perpendicular to the current. It was discovered by Edwin Hall in 1879.[1]
> The Hall coefficient is defined as the ratio of the induced electric field to the product of the current density and the applied magnetic field. It is a characteristic of the material from which the conductor is made, since its value depends on the type, number, and properties of the charge carriers that constitute the current."
>

> Could you please explaing to inquiring minds as to why you don't consider it to be a Hall effect system? I am not disagreeting with you, just like to know. (I am a fan of Pertronix).
> I have always thought it was just another means of opening and closing contact points and the engine doesn't really care where the voltage is coming from, just when and how much.
> How much is ultimately limited by the air gap at the plugs, among other things
>
> Best, Mike Moore
> 300H (without Pertronix ignition)
>

> On Aug 11, 2013, at 7:06 PM, RICK AND DEBBIE CLAPHAM <rixpac@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I do not consider the Pertronix Ignition a hall effect system. I Know I have had problems with their system in Chrysler big blocks B and RB as well a few local MoPar club members. Unfortunately I end up helping the stranded members and have even used My AAA membership to have their vehicles towed to where repairs could be finished.
>
> No problems in early Hemi and A and LA series at this time.
>

> Years ago I attended a spark plug seminar and AC bragged about their porcelain and sealing system, later in the program the Champion representative announced they produced AC's Porcelains.
>

> Use what plug works for you! If you have a trailer queen or museum piece it really does not matter what ignition system or plugs you use.
>

> I have used all brands of sparkplugs and have had problems with all manufactures. the least problems are with Champion, Autolite, Motocraft and AC. All the others I no longer use.

> To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; r41hp@xxxxxxxxx
> From: jwkco@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:45:19 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300-F Plug reccomendations

> [...]