From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Don Verity' d.verity@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:28 PM
To: Terry Mctaggart; Listserver Chrysler Club
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Brakes Again!

Hi Terry,

Wrong master cylinder. Sounds like one for a manual brake car. You can only get them out with the unit in a vise.
Don

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:23 PM

Subject: [Chrysler300] 300F Brakes Again!

Terry McTaggart here in Dayton OH.  New wheel cylinders, new master cylinder, new fluid, linings are great, all done by my local shop.  And I myself jacked the car up and adjusted all the brakes.  Car stops fine, but the pedal is low.  Shop manual says the adjustment for this is the pushrod from the brake assembly thru the firewall into the master cylinder.  But my car has a one-piece push rod, so there is no adjustment.  So Murray Park sent me the correct two-piece pushrod.  Inside the car, I disconnected the current pushrod from the brake pedal, but when  I attempted to slide the pushrod out, it would not come out, even when I used considerable force.  Looking at the manual, it should just slide out.  Anybody got any ideas as to why it won't come out?

Posted by: "John Grady" <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>