Re: [Chrysler300] Carpet padding thickness?

Re: [Chrysler300] Carpet padding thickness?

Hi Ray,

You're on the right track. Starting with the Dynamat is a good move. I am very pleased with how professional my 300C floor came out - in spite of the fact that I'm the one who did it. I went to a local carpet store and bought padding that was branded "Spillguard - Barrier Technologies". The thickness I selected was 7/16". I believe that I used a spray adhesive both between the Dynamat and padding AND between the carpet and pad. Can't really tell for sure without pulling off my door sill (which I can easily do if you wish), and it was 3 years back when I did it. I can feel at the overlap under the seat that at least the carpet is adhered to the pad.

I cut the padding to fit all the way from the rocker to the transmission hump, but not over it. The look and the feel of it really comes out nice, but you need to make that pad trim against the tranny hump nice and tight or the gap will telegraph when you glue the carpet down.

I also made up  patterns and had four custom black marine-grade carpet mats edge-bound, and that really helps keep the carpet nice when we are travelling. They look sharp enough that I usually just leave them in place even when I am showing the car.

Keith Boonstra

-