Re: [Chrysler300] Anything "special" about fuel pump for 1957 Chrysler

Re: [Chrysler300] Anything "special" about fuel pump for 1957 Chrysler 300C?

Ray,

I got the following from Wayne G. many years ago:

<snip>

 For y'all's information...

The 300 C was factory supplied with 1 of 2 fuel pumps:

Carter M2503S = Chrysler 1752 461  (prior to VIN 3NE57 2963)

Carter M2610S = Chrysler 1843 359  (after VIN 3NE57 2962)

Be very careful interchanging parts from other Carter pumps, particularly
the arms.

<snip>

I did indeed have the correct pump, it just needed rebuilding.  Got a kit from Antique Auto Parts Cellar (see:  http://www.maritimedragracing.com/antique_auto_parts_cellar.htm) and was completely satisfied.

The rebuild is very straightforward, or, the folks at the "cellar" will rebuild it for you as well.  If the pump you have is correct per Wayne's data, I'd urge you not to let it out of your site!  The correct pump seems hard to find.....
Best Regards,

TFM

>>> "'Ron Waters' ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 10/19/2014 8:56 PM >>>

Wayne Graefen's 300C Restoration Handbook lists two correct fuel pumps for
the 300C: Carter M2503S and M2610S. The latter has a 'notched flange for
block face clearance'. The 300C uses the same fuel pump as a single 4bbl
392.

Ron