RE: [Chrysler300] C300 Vapor lock

Jack:

Our C-300 only had problems starting before putting in the electric pump back by the tank.  Never a problem with vapor lock while running, even though it got hot idling in parades and traffic.  It seemed to run fine on corn gas if it could be started.

Later, and after much engine-system element replacing and checking, a major impediment to operation was found to be a worn and frayed (small) wire between coil and distributor.  It never died, just lost power at higher RPM.  Recently, someone reported a faulty coil that crapped out at high temperature.  Condensers can also go bad, even though they seldom do.  The little wire between the point sets inside the distributor can be difficult to properly tighten and provide intermittent aggravation including FORD.

Best wishes for a safe and reliable journey.

Rich Barber

1801 Redwine Terrace

Brentwood, CA 94513-6000

Home: (925) 513-6583