My hope is that if the true cost/benefit of E-10 was understood by everyone, enough voters would demand change that it might overcome the boondoggle of the special interests promoting its increase.  But in reality, I know that subsidies or requirements that benefit certain groups almost never go away--they typically are allowed to remain in exchange for supporting someone else's pet subsidy.  That seems to be the way of our special interest political system.

Shannon Steele
300F convertible

On Jan 14, 2016, at 2:15 AM, 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Politics and economics aside, consider our 1955 to very recent 300’s.  If you liked what 10% ethanol did for performance, mileage, gaskets, hoses, gas tank, fuel pumps & carbs you will love what 15% will do.  Cheap oil makes corn gas look even worse economically.  As an Iowa State Mechanical Engineering graduate, I have no qualms in stating that production of corn and ethanol for motor fuel is thermodynamically, chemically, economically, physically and environmentally undefendable—plus it will rot H-E-double hockey sticks out of the fuel systems of our treasured older 300’s.  A double plus for brain-dead environmentalists and the ethanol lobby.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA  (Cheap gas is $2.35/gallon out here—Maybe $0.50/gallon higher than in your state due to the inexplicable simultaneous problems with several refineries that produce California-Grade motor fuel.  Gasoline from your state is just not good enough for our 300’s and we can’t get them to run on rice.)

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ray Jones 1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:40 PM
To: Carlton Schroeder <schroe99@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Listsaver 300 Club <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ray Jones <1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Biofuel mandate

Nothing new here.

ANYONE who understands physics, has known this for many years.

When you dilute gas with 10% Ethanol you then have to burn more than a gallon to go as far as 1 gal of plain gas.

All this  so that 300 million cars have to use gas that the feds mandate must have 10% Ethanol to support 500 Iowa corn growers.

These are your lobbyists at work. Not to mention that the feds pay the refiners of Ethanol, 50 cents a gallon subsidy.

So, every gallon you burn has a 5cent Federal payment included.

Looks to me that this is the first place that the Tea  Party should be  looking to save money.

Ray