Re: [Chrysler300] starter fails to disengage

Re: [Chrysler300] starter fails to disengage

Marshall is right on the money, but let me add a trick.
If you have the Solenoid apart, that copper disc Marshall is talking about is a bridge, connecting the power stud to the motor stud.
They arc, and will burn so as to stick to each other like Marshall said.
You can take the disc off, turn it 90 degrees and reassemble it, giving it a whole new contact surface.
Later, if need be, you can do the same and turn it over and use the other side, renewing it a total of
4 times.
This trick saved me lots of starters.
Ray