RE: [Chrysler300] 1962/63/64 Power Rear Antenna Talk

RE: [Chrysler300] 1962/63/64 Power Rear Antenna Talk

I spent about ten minutes at John Holst’s most excellent website http://www.jholst.net/62-parts-manual/accessories.pdf  as I was curious to see if the parts manuals were clear on these parts.   Section 1-88-6 shows the power antenna mounting system includes two adapters-upper and lower, above and below the sheet metal.  The adapters are different for the ’62, ’63 and ’64.  Everything else looks the same so a set of ’62 adapters/bezels is all you need.  If anyone scrapped out a ’62 power antenna but kept the carcass, the adapters would make an easy sale to Matt. But it takes both—and the gasket.

While on the subject, I have a spare but non-functioning power antenna system for a ’64 Chrysler.  I’m trying to get to the bearings of the reversible motor which seem to be frozen.  I’ve got the antenna base loose from the motor but am stuck on digging into the sealed motor.  Anyone been deeper into one of these on a DIY basis?  I’m hoping that a little persuasion on and lubrication of the shaft bearings will return the system to functionality.  The lower adapter/bezel is pot metal and designed to only go together the correct way.

Also, the switch for this system was a challenge to get to and was also frozen.  Persuasion and lubrication returned it to functionality.

Good luck with your quest.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA