I spent way too much time and money on the tranny in our ’55 C-300 and the leakage problem was not resolved until an internal seal and parts were replaced at the front end of the tranny to prevent drainage of the torque converter into the body of the tranny. The seal around the selector cable seemed unable to control this hydrostatic pressure. Heat-shrink tubing around the shift cable (if cracked open and leaking) and a good new seal, properly installed where the shift cable connects to the tranny are important elements of the fix.
Sorry, I can’t provide more detail. There are more knowledgeable PowerFlite experts than the shop(s) I used. I recommend R&R the tranny and send it to someone that knows how to do it right the first time.
Thanks Dave ! Just called NAPA and the old 49482 cross-references to NAPA 6925, which is still available. Yay !
Posted by: "Rich Barber" <c300@xxxxxxx>
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
go to https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/all/manage/edit
For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang