RE: [Chrysler300] 1955 Powerflite Leaking

RE: [Chrysler300] 1955 Powerflite Leaking

Same problem, same diagnosis, same puddle

The torque converter seal leaks as the converter bleeds down into the pan
and over fills. The side seals above the normal fill level of the pan were
never designed to hold when submerged in fluid for weeks or months at a
time.

I have to add a quart in April after storage and never again for the whole
summer because driving it keeps the converter pumped up. I drove my car over
3000 miles last year, it used none all summer.

It's on my list to fix when the car undergoes a partial restoration as soon
as my Goers order comes in.

.Jack

Jack Boyle

(913) 544 4650