From: Ray Jones
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission cooling line failure inside radiator

You are referring to pure Copper,  Ron;
But keep in mind that there are about 400 Copper Alloys, all created for different needs.
An alloy adds strength, but it can also stretch how much the manufacturer can get from a given amount of copper.
You just add other cheaper metals. That's where the cheapness comes in.
That is the real problem with China, You have no idea where or how much of what we buy comes from. Building for the cheapest price with the cheapest labor  and getting as much as you can out of the materials.

My A/C guy has an ongoing fight with his suppliers over this.
He has installed NEW units, from quality sources and had them burst or develop small pin holes in the copper.
Other  units just don't last very long, a business mans nightmare.
I saved my A/C coil to try to get some compensation for the junk part, but, sorry, too bad...
Threatened a lawsuit, but found out that the Manufacturer had lots of them over this very thing.
They are a quality outfit.

Ray
This is all pertinent info for the Club as we all, from time to time, have to use these parts.