RE: [Chrysler300] Center Horn Contact Switch

You are right, I had that other horn contact at side of column in my head. Sorry if I confused the issue.

From: Charlie V [mailto:cv300g@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2016 7:58 PM
To: John Grady; 'John Grady' jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]; 'John Lau'
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 Club, Int'l'
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Center Horn Contact Switch

Hey John grady. I believe that John Lau is looking for the round horn contact  that is up at the top of the steering wheel . It's under the chrome trim that you remove to take  off the steering wheel.

John lau, I believe the piece you want was also used for several years.

Charlie

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android <https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 6:49 PM, 'John Grady' jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]

<Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Think the same 60-62, ---it has a brass roller  on the end , black plastic housing, wire tab? ? If taken off that galvanized metal mount, that horn roller contact piece might be used in many years. Sometimes little wheel will not turn, or in and out spring frozen ? free  up and lube it??  . What is wrong with it? the way it is held in to that metal bracket is kind of weird, some kind of press fit.  It gets loose. I have secured it better with weatherstrip adhesive .

While on this subassembly, many of the turn signal cancel switches I have seen over the years mounted here too, next to this roller,  have one side or other , on the little flat spring broken off or the little pin that moves it (black plastic nub ) is broken off. Does anybody make that switch as repro , or were later service parts better made? Are NOS or upgrades out there? Very poor mechanical design ---the spring fatigues and breaks off , tried to fix or make new flat spring , was not successful. No real space to work , spring is being bent beyond fatigue limits now.

Had 5-6, all but one had a broken flat spring . Beware buying ‘NOS” subassembly in a Mopar box, they threw old ones back in, with broken flat springs, maybe to keep the horn roller part.

John