RE: [Chrysler300] no title...what to do
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [Chrysler300] no title...what to do

It's easy in New York State for a car made before 1975(before titles were issued)...and may be as well in other states. All you used to need was a handwritten bill of sale, a rubbing or photo of the VIN plate, a weight verification(if the vehicle model was not in the DMV database- like a truck which you would take and get weighed at a scale)  and some forms filled out. They will then issue a non-transferable registration immediately after you pay the sales tax (the most important thing that they are interested in!)and send you a transferable registration(which functions as a Title) in 30-60 days when the transfer of ownership and research of prior ownership is complete (lien search, etc.).
Good luck,
John Kuegel, 300F 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 8:03 AM, 'David Schwandt' finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
<Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You should be able to have your DOMV do a lost title search.

The guy you bought the car from should foot the bill, if any, for this unless you bought the car s salvage, in which case the original

title is probably history. There are probably rules and regs about selling a vehicle w/o proper title.

I know, here in Iowa at least, you need the title in order to deliver a car to a crusher or junk yard.

Good uck!

You are probably gonna need it, depending which state you are in.

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of antonino.jelitro@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:03 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] no title...what to do

Hello Group
I purchased a 67 New Yorker fasttop in very nice condition, but there is no title or registration. Car had always been in the hand of a car dealer, so it was used on dealer plates. Or so is what I have been told.The seller will write me a notarized bill of sale. How can I get a title? I know it's a PITA....but really like the car and would go to the extra effort to get plates for the car. Thank you

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Posted by: John Kuegel <jwkco@xxxxxxxxx>

To send a message to this group, send an email to:

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
go to

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to

Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
PrivacyUnsubscribeTerms of Use


Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network Archive Sitemap